Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program
Have you being thinking of ways to make money online? Affiliate marketing program may just be your goldmine. Did you remember how my friend changed his financial status by becoming a Jumia affiliate? You too can.
The giant company own by Jeff Bezos offers interested applicants the opportunity to make money while helping to promote its products.
Amazon affiliate marketing program is also known as Amazon Associates. These two words, I may decide to use them interchangeably in the cause of this article. So, don’t be confused.
For those who have a blog or a website, this can be one of the ways by which you make money online. By helping Amazon promote its products.
You simply need to sign up to receive approval and generate your affiliate link which is to be used on your website. And when someone makes a purchase through your affiliate link, you get paid a commission.
In this piece, I will work you through all the process you need to go through to become an Amazon associate with images to illustrate.
RECOMMENDED: The 5 Things It Take To Succeed Online
What is the Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program?
Amazon Associates, is an online affiliate marketing program for blog and website owners to earn a commission from Amazon through the visitors that click and make purchase through your affiliate link on the Amazon store. It’s free for bloggers and website owners to sign up.
How to Become an Amazon Affiliate Marketer
To become an Amazon affiliate marketer, there are few simple steps and criteria you need to align with. One core requirement is that you should have a website, a blog, YouTube channel or an App. But to make reasonable amount of money from it, your website / blog should have good daily visitors.
RECOMMENDED: 5 Best Affiliate Marketing Program In Nigeria
If the above criterion has been met, the next thing is to visit the Amazon Associates homepage and sign up. Thereafter, you can build your profile and generate your Amazon Affiliate links.
So, let take them one after the other.
1. Create a website or blog.
To become an Amazon Associate, you must have website, blog, app, or YouTube channel that is active. It’s important that you have good numbers of content on the platform and traffic. If you don’t have a website / blog yet, then contact us to get your own now; CALL OR WHATSAPP - +2348066721490.
Also, in making your application to be an Associate, you must be able to describe the purpose of your website; your target audience and how to drive traffic to the site. These are important aspects which you must put into consideration before you sign up.
2. Visit the Amazon Associates homepage.
The next thing to do is visit the Amazon Associate home page to create your account. To do that you need to click on the JOIN NOW FOR FREE orange button which will prompt you to log in or create an account if you don’t have one.
3. Build your Amazon Associates profile.
Once you have signed into your Amazon account, your next task is to build your profile by entering some basic information about your website and you. Below is what you need to do:
1. Enter your account information: this include your name, address and phone number of the payee. Once you are done, click next to continue to another section.
2. The next is to enter your website address, App, YouTube channel, etc depending on the one you are using. Click next to continue.
3. The next thing to do is to enter your preferred store ID. This basically, is your website name. For instance, www.esy.com.ng will be ESY Media. Then you choose the preferred topic for your target audience. This should be the same with what the purpose of your website or similar.
4. Amazon is concerned about how you will get traffic to the website. So, you need to explain how you drive traffic to your blog / site. Also, you need to explain how you use the traffic from your website to generate income and other things as you will see there. At the bottom you will be asked to type in the code displayed, do so and continue
Once you are done, you will receive a congratulatory message for your application with your unique associate ID.
6. Choose your payment method.
This one you can either do it now or later. Fill out the information in the form correctly and save to continue.
4. Create Amazon Affiliate links.
Once your associate account is created, you will be redirected to your personal dashboard where you will see your affiliate performance.
In your associate homepage, you will see all the information you need, including section to search for product to promote.
How to Create an Amazon Affiliate Link
There are two method to start with; either you use the "Quick Links: Search and create links for any product. You can also create short links”" or "Browse for Product: Select an Amazon category below to display recent best-selling products from that category. Or build a link to this category. "
- The "Quick Links: Search and create links for any product. You can also create short links" allows you to search for specific product keywords
- "Browse for Product" allows you to search for products via categories like "Entertainment Collectible," "Video Games," and "Books"
- Once you click on any of the category, you can further filter it or just choose a product and click on the “Get Link” orange button.
- Customize your link by choosing; text and image, text only or image only.
- You can also customize the background color, title color and the price color.
- Once you are done copy and paste the HTML code to the place you want it to be on your website.
You are good to go. Your account will be active for 180 days. Within that time frame, you must make sale from what you are promoting; at least one or your account will be closed. If perhaps this happens, you can reapply for the affiliate program after you made adjustments to your site to ensure you make sale.
READ ALSO: Amazing Ways To Make Money Online
A good amount of traffic is what you need to succeed in affiliate marketing. And to ensure that this works, you need to provide your audience with quality content regularly.